Bergen County Contested Divorce Lawyer
Navigating Complicated Divorce Disputes in New Jersey
At TMO Law Firm, we specialize in providing comprehensive legal guidance and representation for individuals seeking resolution in contested divorce cases in Bergen County and throughout New Jersey. Our experienced team of divorce attorneys understands the complexities and emotional challenges that often accompany contested divorces. Our team is dedicated to guiding our clients through the legal process, working diligently to achieve the most favorable outcomes.
Call TMO Law Firm today at (201) 308-0383 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our contested divorce attorney in Bergen County!
What is a Contested Divorce?
A contested divorce occurs when spouses cannot agree on essential aspects of their divorce, such as property division, alimony, child custody, and other related matters. Unlike an uncontested divorce, where both parties agree, a contested divorce involves negotiation, mediation, or, if necessary, litigation in court.
Common Issues in a Contested Divorce
Contested divorces often involve various issues that require careful consideration and negotiation. Some of the most common issues that arise in contested divorces include:
- Child Custody: Determining the custody arrangement in the child's best interests can be one of the most contentious aspects of a contested divorce. Our attorneys are skilled at advocating for custody arrangements that prioritize the child's well-being while safeguarding your parental rights.
- Property Division: Splitting marital assets fairly can be a contentious issue. New Jersey follows the principle of equitable distribution, which doesn't necessarily mean an equal split but rather a fair one. Our legal team can help you navigate the complexities of property division and work to protect your financial interests.
- Alimony and Spousal Support: Depending on the financial circumstances of both parties, alimony may be awarded to one spouse to provide financial support after the divorce. Calculating an appropriate amount and duration of alimony can be challenging, and our attorneys have the expertise to guide you through this process.
- Child Support: Ensuring that child support payments are fair and accurately calculated is crucial for the well-being of the children involved. We will work to ensure that child support arrangements comply with New Jersey guidelines and are tailored to your family's unique needs.
- Division of Debts: Just as assets are divided, debts accrued during the marriage must also be addressed. Our attorneys will help ensure that debts are fairly apportioned, and you are not left with an unfair financial burden.
How Long Does a Contested Divorce Take in New Jersey?
The duration of a contested divorce in New Jersey can vary significantly based on various factors, including the complexity of the issues, the level of cooperation between the parties, and the court's caseload. On average, a contested divorce may take several months to over a year.
TMO Law Firm prioritizes efficiently guiding you through the legal process while pursuing a favorable outcome. We understand that prolonged litigation can add emotional strain and financial burden to a challenging situation.
Contact Our Bergen County Contested Divorce Attorney Today
Navigating a contested divorce in Bergen County requires the support of knowledgeable and compassionate legal professionals who will advocate for your rights and work towards a resolution that serves your best interests. At TMO Law Firm, our dedicated team of attorneys brings a wealth of experience to every case, and we are committed to helping you through this difficult time.
Call TMO Law Firm today to schedule a consultation with our contested divorce lawyer in Bergen County!
“David was fierce yet compassionate in handling my complex case.” - Balaji
“Everyone should have a lawyer of this caliber. He wasn't just my ally. He was my hero.” - Elana